expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Reflection Part 2

So, last post here we go.

Firstly, I'd like to say how strange it feels to know that we won't be on this space again. It makes you feel that somehow what you write is even more important, regardless of how many people will read it.

This blog started as a place for us to record 'What are days for'  based on Philip Larkins poem, and wanting to look and find a bit more meaning in each day. It was about noticing the small stuff, the gifts in the day, which if you weren't careful you could just miss as each hour flew by with the never ending lists.

When I read back now over some of the posts it's served as a really good record- a trip to Thailand, moving house,  family weddings and kids growing up. But it's actually some of the smaller things along the way that it's so good to look back on, times with friends that would have been forgotten, the sunrise early one morning, making cakes and Christmas lights.

I spoke last night about some of the stuff I'd learnt whilst blogging, and there is a couple of things I'd like to add. Firstly, it is so true, you never know what is going to come along next. Whilst some of the stuff is predictable life can still surprise you, and in a good way. I would never have believed in 2011 I'd run a half marathon, in 2014 I did. I've learnt to never just expect that each year will be the same, and it's so good to know that within that God is with me whatever.

Secondly though I haven't posted as frequently as Em on here to have a space to reflect has been so good- I love words, to use them outside of  work email again has been so good.

However, the best bit of the blog has been friendship. Em and I have been friends longer than both of us would care to admit (being women of a certain age) and we've been there for each other through some really difficult times.
But to share this together has been so special- she's encouraged me on, though this space we have laughed, learnt to 'stand tall' together  and I am constantly in awe of her ability with a camera.

To finish of the blog I looked through all the photos I had, and discovered that I hardly had any pictures of Em (or none that she'd forgive me for) because you see she is always behind the lens rather than in front of it.

So guess what- I'm posting a selfie that she took, where we both got soaking wet, but it was fun, and say thank you Em for sharing this with me, it has been a gift in my day.




Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment