expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday 17 January 2013

what's in a name?

today i returned a call to someone called pam. it turned out the 'called while you were out' message was taken incorrectly, the lady who wanted to talk to me was called tammy. we laughed about how badly wrong we had got her name. she told me she was called tammi after tammi terrell, her mums favourite singer. i told her if she was going to be named after any tammi that was the tammi to be named after. she agreed only her name was spelt the plain way; not with an i but with a y. like tammy wynette i said. yes she said. the minute she said tammi terrell into my mind came her duet with marvin gaye "you're all i need to get by". i spent the last hour of my working day singing the song in my head. so here, on a cold and almost snowy thursday night be transported by miss tammi terrell not once, not twice, but three times. enjoy.







Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment