expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Three years

Three years ago today my Mum died. In many ways it feels like a lot longer ago than three years, so much has happened and changed over the last three years. But in others I cannot believe it is that long. We still talk and remember things Nana did, and some days I still really feel the gap. Today was one of those days.
For work I had to go to London, and had the privilege of being invited to talk to a Committee made up mainly of MPs and very senior business people. It was a daunting prospect, but God is so good. Prayers for peace were answered, sitting in a coffee shop this morning before it started I flicked on Facebook. There on the newsfeed flashed 'Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified..... For I am with you' . Now I might not have been facing Joshua's situation, but the sense of Gods timing and care was unmissable, it never ceases to amaze me.
Coming back home with a story tell of how it all went I wanted to pick up the phone and talk as only mothers and daughters can, and that's where it's still hard. I miss the chats, the relationship. The pain of grief lessens, the missing does not end, nor would I want it too.

Today London was as inspiring as it can be. Blue skies, impressive buildings and an atmosphere that tells you you are in the capital. I'm thankful for the opportunities given to me, thankful for the care shown to me, and noticing again how time just goes by without you realising.




Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment